The workshop is organised with the support of Municipality of Rethymno and will be held at the Centre of Social Welfare of Rethymno. Members from all identified stakeholders groups will participate and interact during the two day participatory event.
Aim of the workshop is to continue the work started during the 1st event (Oct 2015) , further promote the involvement of local stakeholders in a participatory procedure for flood risk management and continue the process of establishment of the local LAA.
Representatives from local and regional authorities, NGOs and private stakeholders groups will have the chance to interact with PEARL outcomes and with each other.
Through learning games, round tables and live demonstration of PEARL tools the researchers will attempt to further involve stakeholders and promote local LAA’s future action.
More specifically workshop’s activities will be :
- Presentation of the household survey conducted in Rethymno city regarding risk perception. Comparative analysis with 1st workshop’s results.
- Working groups for the identification of potential LAA action related to awareness raising and local society preparedness towards flood risks.
- Presentation of PEARL platform and working groups for the formation and assessment of extreme scenarios & Qualitative Risk Analysis
- Live demonstration of PEARL Knowledge base – Training activity for the utilization of KB by local authorities and stakeholders
- Live demonstration of Agent Based Modelling – Game activity to introduce the philosophy of ABM to stakeholders
Download the agenda of the workshop (in Greek).