Decision Support and Policy Development
The aim of work package 5 is to develop and test an interactive web-based learning and planning platform through which PEARL stakeholders will interact with key PEARL processes, tools, methods and frameworks. In order to achieve that, WP5 will identify resilient strategies and develop a knowledge base of existing and novel strategies and measures and the associated tools for their evaluation and assessment. It will then focus on decision support for policy development and work on science-policy interfacing with an emphasis on risk governance. All the developed concepts, methodologies and tools will be tested and demonstrated in the case study areas.
- Analyse key stakeholders, decision processes, risk perceptions and information flows to identify leverage points and appropriate scales/contexts, in which PEARL support would result in the most pronounced impact;
- Identify the best ways to involve key stakeholders throughout the project and benefit from their context knowledge and experience while exposing them to PEARL deliverables, cases and learning approaches;
- Develop a framework and related metrics for evaluation of different resilient strategies generic and for different contexts of the case study areas taking the resilience index as a basis;
- Develop an intelligent knowledge base, representing a comprehensive repository of resilience measures and strategies and methods to evaluate their efficiency;
- Develop an online collaborative learning and planning platform, to help stakeholders interact with key PEARL tools and deliverables;
- Use the online platform, together with offline PEARL tools to support the development of risk management roadmaps for the case study areas;
- Develop general and case-specific guidance for the establishment of effective governance arrangements for enhancing and maintaining flood resilience.
- Task 5.1 Rethinking who is involved – stakeholder analysis and creation of Learning and Action Alliances for coastal regions
- Task 5.2 Development of a framework for strengthening resilience and coping capacities in coastal areas based on a holistic risk assessment and risk cascading approach
- Task 5.3 Development of the PEARL knowledge-base of resilient strategies
- Task 5.4 Methods and tools supporting selection of resilient strategies
- Task 5.5 Building an interactive web-based learning and planning platform
- Task 5.6 Developing Roadmaps for flood risk management in coastal cities
- D 5.1 Framework for stakeholder analysis and engagement when preparing for extreme and rare events in Coastal Regions
- D 5.2 A framework for strengthening resilience and coping capacities in coastal regions including the PEARL Flood Resilience Index (FRI) and associated indicators
- D 5.3 The PEARL intelligent knowledge-base of resilient strategies
- D 5.4 A toolbox of methods and tools supporting selection of resilient strategies
- D 5.5 The PEARL interactive web-based learning and planning platform
- D 5.6 Risk Management Roadmaps for all case studies (with different degrees of detail depending on available data and analysis) including best practices.